A firmware update 01078.00042.16352.50xxx is now being rolled out to Lumia 650 across many markets. The firmware availability for a particular market can be checked by going to “Last Added section” of Lumiafirmware site.
What is great about this firmware update is that it enables the much-desired feature of “Double Tap to Wake up” on Lumia 650. It also brings some major camera improvements to both Lumia 650 and Lumia 550. Check the full changelog for the firmware update below.
Lumia 650 /550 Firmware update Changelog:
01078.00042.16352.50xxx firmware update (September 2016) for Lumia 550/650. The availability of this update may depend on your phone model, region or network service provider. Key improvements in this release include:
- Support for double tap to wake enabled for Lumia 650.
- Wi-Fi connectivity improvements, including fixes for Wi-Fi connection dropping randomly and Wi-Fi scan occasionally not returning any results.
- Bluetooth connectivity improvements.
- Stability and reliability improvements.
- Camera improvements, including improved image and video quality, improved Auto-focus and fix for a problem that was causing slow motion capture to skip frames for some users.
- Cellular connectivity improvements, including fix for a problem that caused occasional network loss for some users.
- Audio quality improvements, including fix for a problem that caused voice call audio to get scrambled for some users.