Railways plays an important role in our life specially when we travel long distance. Now today Indian Railways UTS app today scored a major update in Windows Phone store. Since first come this app in store, the paperless ticket service was only available to only for limited cities like Chennai, Mumbai and in Delhi suburban. But now today with this update the service is now also available for Kolkata suburban. Those who are unfamiliar with this app, take a look at the app description below.
utsonmobile is a Indian Railways official windows mobile ticketing application which allows the daily suburban train travelers of Chennai and Mumbai suburban area to book unreserved tickets of Indian Railways using their Smartphone.
Today update is major one, bringing some useful features to the app. Below is full change log.
What’s new in latest version
• Paperless ticket has been enabled in Chennai and Mumbai suburban section and Delhi. Now its implemented in KOLKATA.
• With the feature of Paperless Journey, Season and Platform Tickets are introduced.
• In addition to that, now ‘Change Handset’ feature is introduced which is used to Change passenger old handset to new one, and active Season Ticket will transferred from old handset to new one.
• Using ‘show ticket’ feature the ticket can be showed to the TTE(Travelling Ticket Examiner) or TC.
• Off-line mode is available to show the paperless ticket if Internet connection not available in the mobile.
The latest update takes app version to 3.1.1. This is so handy , simple app. Those who travel through railways everyday they should download this app. So make sure that you hit following link to download this app.