Nokia has received some well-deserved recognition from prestigious analytic firms Gartner and IHS. Gartner has named Nokia as a leader in Small cells technology, while IHS has recognized it as the number one small cells vendor.
Read the Full Press Release below,
Nokia has been recognized as a leader in small cells technology in two key industry analyst reports. Gartner, Inc. has recognized Nokia in the ‘Leaders’ quadrant of its 2016 Magic Quadrant for Small Cell Equipment report, and in an independent survey of 21 operators conducted by IHS – representing the largest global service providers by revenue – Nokia has been named the number one small cells vendor.
Gartner’s Magic Quadrant* evaluates small cell vendors on an annual basis. Of the 16 vendors evaluated in 2016, Gartner recognized Nokia as a Leader and positioned the company the furthest for “completeness of vision”, which assesses a vendor’s product and market strategies, and innovation, among other categories. Nokia believes that the report highlights the strengths in its portfolio of high-performance solutions and its capabilities to support Unlicensed LTE, Wi-Fi® and Mobile Edge Computing.
In the IHS survey** 95 percent of the operators questioned named Nokia as the “top small cell equipment manufacturer”, with all respondents citing Nokia as the small cells vendor most familiar to them. The report also found that Nokia has the largest installed base of small cells, with many of those operators surveyed stating they were evaluating Nokia “for equipment to be added to their networks by July 2017”. Sixty percent of respondents rated Nokia as the leader in seven out of the eight buying criteria evaluated.
Nokia believes these reports underline the importance of its small cells and HetNet services, which include mini-macro, micro, pico and femto solutions for licensed and unlicensed spectrum, help operators evolve toward ultra-dense networks and 5G at a pace that stays ahead of customer demand.
Nokia has more than 220 customers for its small cells solutions around the globe, including most major operators. The Nokia small cell portfolio is deployed in a range of scenarios within multi-vendor and Nokia macro level networks, including extending coverage in cities and rural locations and providing capacity to meet demands in high-traffic hotspots, mass events, and inside public and private enterprise buildings. Nokia continuously invests in product innovation to help operators with coverage and capacity densification, such as the award winning Flexi Zone Multiband Indoor and Outdoor BTS family.
Stéphane Téral, Senior Research Director IHS, said: “Nokia is perceived as the top small cell manufacturer and is the most installed small cell vendor. The newly expanded company has now been propelled into the small cell driver’s seat with a nice lead over its competitors.”
Mark Atkinson, Head of the Small Cell and WiFi Solutions Business Line at Nokia, said: “The connectivity demands of people and machines will continue to grow – particularly in high traffic megacities. Nokia is constantly innovating with its small cells and HetNet services portfolio to allow operators to efficiently deliver revenue-generating solutions for coverage and capacity. Nokia is extremely proud to be recognized in these reports and we feel they are a clear reflection of our leading market position.”
Read our Full Nokia Coverage:
- Nokia 10 Penta-Lens Camera module design leaked. 18:9 display, double-glass design rumored
- New Nokia 5/6 Oreo Camera app improves low-light performance & autofocus locking significantly.
- (Jan’18) Lowest price deals in India on Nokia 5 (3GB), Nokia 8, Nokia 6, Nokia 2 & Nokia 3
- Hurry, last day to save 20% off Nokia Body & Body+
- Would Nokia 10 feature multi-lens Zoom camera tech from Zeiss? Joining the dots
- Rumor: 2018 Nokia Flagship with Penta-Lens Camera, Snapdragon 845 & Nokia 8 2018 in works.
- TA-1016 & TA-1045, US-bound Nokia 7/6 2018 variants appear at FCC
- HMD confirms Nokia Phones launch event on February 25 in the run-up to MWC 2018
- [List of Markets] Nokia 5 on Android Nougat receiving January Security update now
- January Security update for Nokia 6 2017 (Nougat) now rolling out [List of markets]
- [List of Markets] January Android Security update for Nokia 8 available now
- HMD: Expect MWC 2018 to be “awesome” for Nokia Phones
- Nokia 3310 4G (TA-1077) has passed Bluetooth certification before official launch
- Updated: Nokia 7 & Nokia 6 2018 may not arrive in India before March
- Nokia 3 receiving January Android Security update in many markets
- Nokia 7 receiving Android Oreo in China. Nokia 6 2017 to get it soon
- Save up to 35% on Nokia Steel, Thermo, Body Cardio & Home Camera at Amazon US
- Nokia 6 2018 enjoys great user ratings/reviews across retailers in China
- Nokia 6 2018 sold out at Suning in 12 minutes selling 10000 units. Sold out at JD too
- Nokia OZO changes focus to consumer experiences, opens VR tech for others
- Nokia launches Nokia Steel HR Rose Gold edition. Available to buy now
- Nokia 6 2018 pre-sales registrations touch 280,000 before sales-start tomorrow
- Nokia 8 Sirocco revealed in the latest Nokia Camera tear-down [APK download]
- Nokia 5 gets Android Oreo Beta Build V5.19 with January Security update
- Alexa gets smarter via integration of Nokia Health Mate with Amazon Echo