Nokia has received some well-deserved recognition from prestigious analytic firms Gartner and IHS. Gartner has named Nokia as a leader in Small cells technology, while IHS has recognized it as the number one small cells vendor.
Read the Full Press Release below,
Nokia has been recognized as a leader in small cells technology in two key industry analyst reports. Gartner, Inc. has recognized Nokia in the ‘Leaders’ quadrant of its 2016 Magic Quadrant for Small Cell Equipment report, and in an independent survey of 21 operators conducted by IHS – representing the largest global service providers by revenue – Nokia has been named the number one small cells vendor.
Gartner’s Magic Quadrant* evaluates small cell vendors on an annual basis. Of the 16 vendors evaluated in 2016, Gartner recognized Nokia as a Leader and positioned the company the furthest for “completeness of vision”, which assesses a vendor’s product and market strategies, and innovation, among other categories. Nokia believes that the report highlights the strengths in its portfolio of high-performance solutions and its capabilities to support Unlicensed LTE, Wi-Fi® and Mobile Edge Computing.
In the IHS survey** 95 percent of the operators questioned named Nokia as the “top small cell equipment manufacturer”, with all respondents citing Nokia as the small cells vendor most familiar to them. The report also found that Nokia has the largest installed base of small cells, with many of those operators surveyed stating they were evaluating Nokia “for equipment to be added to their networks by July 2017”. Sixty percent of respondents rated Nokia as the leader in seven out of the eight buying criteria evaluated.
Nokia believes these reports underline the importance of its small cells and HetNet services, which include mini-macro, micro, pico and femto solutions for licensed and unlicensed spectrum, help operators evolve toward ultra-dense networks and 5G at a pace that stays ahead of customer demand.
Nokia has more than 220 customers for its small cells solutions around the globe, including most major operators. The Nokia small cell portfolio is deployed in a range of scenarios within multi-vendor and Nokia macro level networks, including extending coverage in cities and rural locations and providing capacity to meet demands in high-traffic hotspots, mass events, and inside public and private enterprise buildings. Nokia continuously invests in product innovation to help operators with coverage and capacity densification, such as the award winning Flexi Zone Multiband Indoor and Outdoor BTS family.
Stéphane Téral, Senior Research Director IHS, said: “Nokia is perceived as the top small cell manufacturer and is the most installed small cell vendor. The newly expanded company has now been propelled into the small cell driver’s seat with a nice lead over its competitors.”
Mark Atkinson, Head of the Small Cell and WiFi Solutions Business Line at Nokia, said: “The connectivity demands of people and machines will continue to grow – particularly in high traffic megacities. Nokia is constantly innovating with its small cells and HetNet services portfolio to allow operators to efficiently deliver revenue-generating solutions for coverage and capacity. Nokia is extremely proud to be recognized in these reports and we feel they are a clear reflection of our leading market position.”
Read our Full Nokia Coverage:
- Exclusive: Nokia 2 Price in India and release date details (updated)
- Nokia announces 3 Black Friday deals on its Health Products
- Lowest prices (UK) for Nokia 8 (£359), Nokia 6 (£174), Nokia 5 (£129) & Nokia 3 (£99)
- Nokia 2 now available to buy in UAE. Pricing & delivery details inside
- Best deals (India): Nokia 8 (Rs 34299), Nokia 5 3GB RAM (Rs 12799) & Nokia 3 (Rs 8175)
- Nokia 8: How to capture a screenshot [Hands-on video]
- Updated: Nokia 2 pre-order opens at BestBuy, B&H and Amazon
- HMD: Nokia 6 Android Oreo Beta update “around the corner”
- Nokia 8 Camera UI, tips & tricks to get the best out of it [Hands-on video]
- Nokia 8 Display & Audio test: Outdoors, Video watching, Viewing angles & more
- A bug kills Background apps on Nokia 5 post Android 7.1.2/October security update
- HMD teases “good show” for Nokia Phones at MWC 2018
- Nokia Steel HR changes & teardown images revealed via FCC certification
- Nokia Feature phones drove segment growth in Russia, says Counterpoint
- Nokia 5 (TA-1053) receiving November Android Security update now
- Nokia 3 receiving November Android Security update now
- Nokia opens pre-order for Nokia Steel HR smartwatch. Details inside
- Nokia Mobile Support app update brings user guide localizations improvements
- Nokia 2 available to buy in South Africa as a Vodacom exclusive
- Nokia 3 Camera app receives an update with performance improvements
- Best UK deals (Nov) on Nokia 8 (£399), Nokia 6(£179), Nokia 5 (£149) & Nokia 3 (£119)
- Nokia 6 TA-1000/TA-1003 variants get November Security update
- First update to Nokia 7 brings November security patch and more improvements
- Nokia 8 now stuns iPhone X in speed test (real-life performance)
- Android Oreo update for Nokia 8 coming soon as Beta testing deemed completed