Nokia has received some well-deserved recognition from prestigious analytic firms Gartner and IHS. Gartner has named Nokia as a leader in Small cells technology, while IHS has recognized it as the number one small cells vendor.
Read the Full Press Release below,
Nokia has been recognized as a leader in small cells technology in two key industry analyst reports. Gartner, Inc. has recognized Nokia in the ‘Leaders’ quadrant of its 2016 Magic Quadrant for Small Cell Equipment report, and in an independent survey of 21 operators conducted by IHS – representing the largest global service providers by revenue – Nokia has been named the number one small cells vendor.
Gartner’s Magic Quadrant* evaluates small cell vendors on an annual basis. Of the 16 vendors evaluated in 2016, Gartner recognized Nokia as a Leader and positioned the company the furthest for “completeness of vision”, which assesses a vendor’s product and market strategies, and innovation, among other categories. Nokia believes that the report highlights the strengths in its portfolio of high-performance solutions and its capabilities to support Unlicensed LTE, Wi-Fi® and Mobile Edge Computing.
In the IHS survey** 95 percent of the operators questioned named Nokia as the “top small cell equipment manufacturer”, with all respondents citing Nokia as the small cells vendor most familiar to them. The report also found that Nokia has the largest installed base of small cells, with many of those operators surveyed stating they were evaluating Nokia “for equipment to be added to their networks by July 2017”. Sixty percent of respondents rated Nokia as the leader in seven out of the eight buying criteria evaluated.
Nokia believes these reports underline the importance of its small cells and HetNet services, which include mini-macro, micro, pico and femto solutions for licensed and unlicensed spectrum, help operators evolve toward ultra-dense networks and 5G at a pace that stays ahead of customer demand.
Nokia has more than 220 customers for its small cells solutions around the globe, including most major operators. The Nokia small cell portfolio is deployed in a range of scenarios within multi-vendor and Nokia macro level networks, including extending coverage in cities and rural locations and providing capacity to meet demands in high-traffic hotspots, mass events, and inside public and private enterprise buildings. Nokia continuously invests in product innovation to help operators with coverage and capacity densification, such as the award winning Flexi Zone Multiband Indoor and Outdoor BTS family.
Stéphane Téral, Senior Research Director IHS, said: “Nokia is perceived as the top small cell manufacturer and is the most installed small cell vendor. The newly expanded company has now been propelled into the small cell driver’s seat with a nice lead over its competitors.”
Mark Atkinson, Head of the Small Cell and WiFi Solutions Business Line at Nokia, said: “The connectivity demands of people and machines will continue to grow – particularly in high traffic megacities. Nokia is constantly innovating with its small cells and HetNet services portfolio to allow operators to efficiently deliver revenue-generating solutions for coverage and capacity. Nokia is extremely proud to be recognized in these reports and we feel they are a clear reflection of our leading market position.”
Read our Full Nokia Coverage:
- Nokia 1 gets early availability in Germany & Ghana
- Nokia Smartphones had 3% of European market share, 5th vendor rank in Q4 2017
- Nokia 8110 4G may get WhatsApp support soon, as KaiOS app in works, claims a new report
- Nokia Mobile Support app passes 5 million installations in Play Store
- Official Nokia 8 Sirocco Specifications, Release Date, Price, Images, Video & more
- Official new Nokia 6 2018 Specifications, Release Date, Price, Images, 360-deg view, video & more
- Official Nokia 7 Plus Specifications, Release Date, Price, Photos, 360-deg view, Video & more
- Official Nokia 1 Specifications, Release Date, Price, Images, 360-deg view, Video & more
- Official Nokia 8110 4G Specifications, Release Date, Price, Images, 360-deg view, videos & more
- Now buy Nokia Phones & Accessories from the official site in India
- Nokia 8 receiving March Android Security update now. [List of Markets]
- Nokia 3 gets a new Oreo Beta build with March Security update. [List of markets]
- Nokia 5 & 6 receiving March Android Security update now. [List of Markets]
- All models of Nokia 3 can get Oreo Beta via Nokia Beta Labs now
- Amazon Germany moves Nokia 6 2018, 8 Sirocco, 7 Plus release date to April 12
- Nokia completes acquisition of Unium, brings enhanced in-home Wi-Fi solution
- Nokia 2 receiving March Android Security update now. [List of Markets]
- Update: Modified Nokia 9 (2018)/8 Pro hand-sketched render posted now
- April 1 availability for Nokia 6 2018, 8 Sirocco, 7 Plus & 1 promised by Amazon Germany
- Our report about Nokia 9 with in-display fingerprint sensor confirmed by a report from China
- Amazon opens Nokia 8 Sirocco, 7 Plus pre-orders in France, Spain & Italy. Details inside
- Exclusive 2018 Nokia Smartphones Face Unlock, Wake up, Glance Screen, Android One, Pro Camera, OIS FAQs answered
- Deal alert : Nokia 6 with 3GB RAM is now available for ₹13499 in India
- HMD to price Nokia 6 2018, 8 Sirocco, 7 Plus, 1 & 8110 4G competitively in India. Probable Release Dates
- Cool pricing for Nokia 6 2018, 8 Sirocco, 7 Plus, 1 & 8110 4G in UAE & Saudi Arabia too. Details inside