So, here we are with our first impressions of the latest Windows 10 Mobile preview build, Build 10512. The build that arrived after a long waiting time is claimed to bring around 2000 fixes as per Microsoft’s Gabe Aul. But while it comes with its own set of “known issues”, there are some unknown issues with the build that we could see in our small hands-on time with the build.
Windows 10 Mobile Build 10512 first impressions:
- Stable build. Hasn’t crashed on my Lumias yet.
- Performance wise it is really good in some places but surprisingly behaves like a Beta build in others. While unlocking the screen and even while coming back to start screen from some apps it can be fast and slow alternatively. Quite moody!! Compared to Build 10166 that is certainly not an improvement.
- Mobile Hotspot works on my Lumia 540 and Lumia 640 XL
- Some bugs are so visible. Check the blinking “Quiet Hours” in Action Center.
- WiFi can get disconnected at times and I never faced this issue with Build 10166 on same devices.
- I did a hard reset on my Lumia 540 after the update but I haven’t seen any changes in the way the Build works and handles the operations.
- New changes, what’s that?? May be we will find some later but till now, there is nothing to share.
In a nutshell, coming from Build 10166 and after a long wait, Build 10512 is bit of a disappointment. (If you follow NPU regularly, you would know that we are quite “forgiving” usually).