So here we are with our first hands-on video of Windows 10 Mobile Build 10166. We demo some changes and share our first impressions. One previously unknown change that will make using action center cooler is that you can now double tap to collapse and expand the action center. The swipe down to expand action center is still there. Have a look at the other changes captured in the hands-on video and watch the changes in action in the video demo.
Windows 10 Mobile Build 10166 First impressions:
If you are past the update issues (stuck and may need to soft reset or restart), you will find the build to be quite smooth, stable and usable. We have it on our main devices and since the time of installation of the Build 10166 its has not frozen or crashed. It is more stable than Build 10149 for sure. No heating issues seen on my Lumias and battery discharge rate is ok. So far so good but need to run it for few days before giving a final impressions review.
Windows 10 Mobile Build 10166 changes:
- Tap to collapse and expand the action center
- New icons for File explorer and Battery Saver action button
- New improved UI animations
- Landscape settings UI is gone and can’t be seen on Lumia 540. Will check on Lumia 640 XL and report
- People Live Tile with new animation is here