The Windows 10 Mobile Build 10586.218 or 10.0.10586.218 is now available for all non-insiders phones running Windows 10 Mobile. This includes devices that shipped with windows 10 Mobile and also those who received Windows 10 Mobile as official update later. The official Windows 10 for Phones update FAQ page now shows the build as April 2016 update available for all Lumia devices with Windows 10.
You can watch the Windows 10 Mobile Build 10586.218 in hands-on action and also read our first impressions and installation experience by clicking here.
10.0.10586.218 OS update (April 2016) for Lumia phones with Windows 10. Key improvements in this release include:
- Reliability, performance and stability improvements.
- Support for Visual Voicemail on Dual SIM phones.
- Improvements for Bluetooth connectivity, including the reliability of connecting to and staying connected with Bluetooth devices.
- Fix for a problem that caused audio playback to get occasionally interrupted in Groove Music and other music apps when phone display was turned off.
- Improvements for Microsoft Edge browser, including support for configuring a prompt before a file download occurs, support for background downloads, and a fix for a problem where opening a link from an another app wouldn’t load the web page.
- Reliability improvements for Cortana reading text messages aloud and usability improvements for Quiet Hours feature.
- Improvements for Store reliability, including a fix for a problem that prevented some apps from being updated and installed.
- Fix for a problem that occasionally caused some apps to show blank tiles after upgrading from Windows Phone 8.1.
- Improvements for PC connectivity via USB on some phones that were upgraded from Windows Phone 8.1.