We reported earlier via many sources that 21st Oct is an important date for Lumia 920 on AT&T. But it is not clear as what is going to happen on that date. Some suggest a pre-order will begin, some suggested the prices will be revealed. WPCentral has also proposed a run down of events leading to 4th November sales start for Lumia 920.
- October 4th – AT&T formally announces the Lumia 920
- October 4th – Microsoft sends out press invites for SF
- October 21st – AT&T announce pricing and availability of the 920
- October 26th – Possible pre-order for the Lumia 920
- October 29th – Microsoft announces Windows Phone 8
- November 4th – In store sales of the Lumia 920 begin
But now, The Verge has pitched in citing their sources that 21st October is the date when the pre-orders will start for Lumia 920 and 820. They also confirm that the devices will be made available in early November, which may vibe well with 4th November date suggested by WPcentral.
Microsoft’s first Windows Phone 8 devices will be available for pre-order in the US on October 21st. Sources familiar with AT&T and Microsoft’s plans have revealed to The Verge that the carrier will start taking pre-orders for its range of Windows Phone 8 handsets on October 21st — including the HTC 8X and Nokia’s Lumia 920.
Pre-orders for Samsung’s Ativ Smart PC and the Asus Vivo Tab RT will also commence on October 21st in preparation for a launch on October 26th. We understand that the Windows Phone 8 devices will be made available in early November, following the pre-orders on October 21st.