Windows Phone 8.1 Music app for has been update with some new features and fixes. It adds much asked for feature “Recent Plays“, which is the history of what you played recently and Kid’s corner support ( only for devices with Windows Phone 8. update 1 ). The app should behave noticeably faster than before, post update.
The eighth update for the Windows Phone 8.1 Music App is now available in the store! Our focus for this release was primarily on enabling easy playback & reliability of the app. Please enjoy, and as always – let us know what you think!
- It’s easier than ever to start playback of your favorite tunes via our new Recent Plays feature!
- You can let your kids play music worry free, now that we’ve added support for music in Kid’s Corner! *Requires Update 1*
- It’s noticeably faster to launch & navigate about the app, particularly the songs, artists, and albums pages
- We also fixed several significant bugs, with a focus on:
- Album art & metadata reliability (more to come here!)
- Unexpected app exits & some black screens
- Playlists now shuffle from everywhere (not just first 100)
The next update will bring “Live Tile” and UX improvements.