So, here we are with our hands-on demo video and impressions of the Windows 10 Mobile Build 10586.36 on a mid-ranger device the Lumia 640 XL. This build is second cumulative update pushed to devices running the RTM Build 10586. It is quite polished and we have it running on four of our devices. Even when we haven’t done hard reset on any of our devices, we haven’t seen crashes or freezes or the dreaded resuming screen. Read on for detailed impressions of this build.
Windows 10 Mobile Build 10586.36 impressions:
- Build 10586.36 offers a mixed upgrade experience from existing Preview build. Two of my devices running Build 10586.29 upgraded smoothly and it was quite fast upgrade experience. Two devices struggled, stuck at 0% for long.
- The build is very polished, really the smoothest and fastest Windows 10 Mobile preview build ever. We recommend to do a hard reset after upgrade if you are facing any issues, though we didn’t do a hard reset and still it has been really good build to live with.
- It hasn’t crashed even once on my devices and runs impressively well even on low-end devices.
- Battery discharge rate wise it has been simply great and we feel it compares well with Windows Phone 8.1 battery life.
- Only issue we could find is with the Mail & Calendar app that an throw “Fix your account” message though it happens less frequently than before.
Do let us know about your experience with the Build 10586.36 in comments below.