Great news for Jolla user out there!! The Summer update named Tahkalampi for Sailfish is now rolling out first to “users owning ‘The First one’ covers” and later to everyone (on the same day, but a few hours later). Have a look at the new features it brings with itself apart from plethora of improvements.
- Easily switch between open Android apps in the homescreen by tapping on their respective active covers i.e they are no longer grouped into one cover (experimental 1)
- Add shortcuts to webpages in the app launcher area
- Set separate synchronization schedules per mail account
- Upload multiple files via Browser and be able to to filter files by file type during file selection
- Define email signature and sender name per account
- Save unsent messages as drafts when messages app is pushed to background
- Search word auto-completion in Jolla Store
- Use stroke input method for writing in Chinese
- Define an end date when creating/modifying recurring calendar events
- Artist search support in Media player
How to Update:
If you don’t get an OS update notification pop up, you can manually trigger an OS update,
- Open Settings app
- Go to System > Sailfish OS updates
- Pull down the pulley menu and select ‘Check for update’
- Once an OS update notification is received, tap on it and follow the instructions.
- Working Jolla account configured on your device
- Charger connected
- Device connected to WLAN or mobile data network
If you are unable to successfully configure the account, please visit account.jolla.com and try to reset your password.
Do not reboot the device while the OS update installation is in progress. The process takes up to 10 minutes. During the update, the device screen might blank out. You can awaken the display by a short press on the power key to monitor the progress. When the upgrade has completed successfully, you will see the LED light up red before the device restarts.
In rare circumstances, you may have to try a second time to get through the update successfully.
Read more, click here