Qualcomm has now revealed all the relevant information about its latest Snapdragon 845 processor that comes with Octa-core SDM845 chipset & Adreno 630 GPU. The SDM845 chipset consists of 8 Qualcomm Kryo 385 CPU cores.
Snapdragon 845 brings many advancements over its predecessor Snapdragon 835. Qualcomm claims 30% improvement in GPU performance with Adreno 630 GPU and 25% improvement in CPU performance as compared to the previous generation.
It brings ultra HD video capture and playback and also dual ISPs supporting up to 32 MP camera. It also claims to bring advancements in AI experience with 3rd-gen Hexagon 685 DSP. Read all the new features and improvements that Snapdragon 845 offers.
Snapdragon 845 major new features/improvements:
- 30% improvement in GPU performance
- 25% improvement in CPU performance
- Video capture in cinema-grade quality
- Ability to enable Room-Scale VR for mobile XR headsets
- Better camera using enhanced features like camera bokeh, more true to life XR, gaming, and long lasting battery life
- First LTE modem with download speeds up to 1.2 Gbps
- Vault-like security for biometric information
- Qualcomm Spectra™ 280 ISP: Ultra HD Premium video capture and playback, plus dual ISPs supporting up to 32MP camera for next generation imaging.
- Qualcomm® Adreno™ 630 Visual Processing Subsystem: New architecture designed for transforming the video capture experience and extending realities with enhanced XR. +
- Qualcomm® Hexagon™ 685 DSP: 3rd-generation platform for highly advanced on-device AI user experiences for camera, voice, XR and gaming.
- Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ X20 LTE modem: Mobile connectivity with LTE download speeds up to 1.2 Gbps, multi-gigabit 802.11ad, and integrated 2×2 802.11ac Wi-Fi with MU-MIMO.
- Qualcomm® Kryo™ 385 CPU: Manufactured in 10nm LPP, optimized across 4 performance and 4 efficiency cores.
Detailed Spec Sheet:
|CHARGING||Qualcomm Quick Charge 4/4+ technology|