Seapilot, a marine navigation app that was first released for iOS, is now available for Windows Phone. This app offering a lot of features for anyone who wants to sail the seven seas.
SeaPilot lets you navigate like a pro with vectorized S-57 chart data from National Maritime Administrations. Seapilot uses the Windows Phone built in GPS, so it works even when there is no mobile network coverage. This is the first navigation app to feature Automatic Identification System (AIS) and AIS weather in real time, when within a mobile network. Charts are available for purchase.
• Professional navigation based on merchant shipping standards for ECDIS (Electronic Chart Display and Information System)
• S-57 chart data (In-App Purchase) and AIS data from National Maritime Administrations
• AIS (Automatic Identification System) for real-time tracking of vessels equipped with an AIS transponder.
• Weather in real time via AIS from national weather stations showing wind speed and direction, air pressure, temperature, etc. Automatically displays information for the nearest weather station. (At present only in Sweden. To be extended.)
• High quality 5-day Coastal Weather Forecasts (as purchase), directly in chart
• Developed by Stockholmradio and True Heading, leaders in marine navigation and communication at sea, with cutting-edge AIS and VHF know-how
– Positioning via GPS
– Visualization of S-57 chart data from National Maritime Administrations
– AIS data from National Maritime Administrations via Internet (3G or WLAN)
– Course and speed vector for AIS targets
– Own heading
– Autonomous navigation – charts downloaded to the device
– Rapid chart management
– Easy return to own position
– Option of tracking your own boat on the chart
– Displays position, course and speed
– Adjustable own speed and course vector
– Man Overboard function
– Display settings for day, dawn/dusk and night
– Past track
– Plotting/marking objects
– Electronic bearing and range marker from own vessel
– Chart object search
– AIS target search
– Setting of safety contour (2, 3, 6, 10 and 15 meters)
– Hide/show status, tool bar and own AIS target
– World chart for rough overview/orientation
While Seapilot is a free app , it does contain in-app purchases that unlock extra features such as Internet AIS-data, the national S-57 chart data for the East coast, West coast, and Great Lakes regions of the US and more.