Popular custom recovery maker Teamwin have now announced their custom Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) recoveries for two more Nokia smartphones.
The custom TWRP recoveries are now available for Nokia 6.2 as well as 7.2 . Those interested in flashing custom ROMs and other modifications to your Nokia 6.2 and Nokia 7.2, can download the official TWRP recoveries from the download link given below.
Use of TWRP recovery:
- Create and restore backups of your smartphone
- Flashing new software update
- Formatting, cleaning, and repairing partitions
- Enable OTG/MTP support
Current versions of TWRP recoveries for the Nokia 6.2 and Nokia 7.2 smartphones can be found at one of the mirrors below:
- If you already have TWRP installed: Download the latest zip and install the zip using TWRP.
- If you do not already have TWRP installed: Download both the img and the zip.You will need to have fastboot binaries and the correct drivers installed.
- You can grab latest platform-tools (fastboot binaries) from [here]https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools
- Now go in the directory where your adb/fastboot binaries exists.Connect the device to your PC.Enable USB debugging in developer options & then open a command window and run the following command from the proper location:
- adb reboot bootloader
- Your device should now be in the bootloader.
- Then again from command window run the following command from the proper location:
- fastboot boot path/to/twrp.img
- This will temporarily boot TWRP on your device. Use ADB to push the zip onto your device:
- ADB push path/to/twrp.zip /
- Even MTP is working you can also directly copy zip from your pc and paste to your device.
- Go to install and browse to the zip and install the zip. The zip will install TWRP to both boot slots. Installing TWRP at this time will remove root if you are currently rooted.