A major update is rolling out to Nokia X2 devices and it brings lots of new features and improvements. It brings Google services support, Live Wallpaper, Lockscreen widgets, New camera mode, updated HERE Maps, update Nokia store and many more changes. The update termed as Nokia X2 software update 2.1 takes the phone software version to Nokia X Software Platform 2.1 (188.8.131.52). Check the full changelog below,
Nokia X2 software update 2.1, Full Changelog:
- Capture fast-moving objects with the new Smart Mode, and create unique photos by using the Action shot, Best shot, or Motion blur options.
- Make your phone more personal than ever with live wallpapers and new lock screen widgets.
- Keep your life synced with OneDrive and OneNote. Get up to 15 GB of personal storage space on OneDrive, and sync up to 500 notes to OneNote.
- Access your favorite Google services. You can now sync your Google contacts, and access your Gmail inbox.
- Find your way anywhere with HERE Maps – get turn-by-turn voice guidance with a free global navigation license. Requires additional HERE Maps update from Store.
- Updated Store – new design to help you find content more easily, and better integration with 3rd-party stores.
- Added local calendar support, call reject with a message, parental controls for Store, landscape support for mail and messaging, and auto-configuration of mail accounts.
By default your phone is set to automatically check for updates every 8 days and you will be notified when an update is available for download. You can also instantly check for updates by going to Settings > About Phone > System Updates and tapping Check Now.
The update package is 200+ MB, so for the best update experience we recommend that you use a Wi-Fi connection to download the update.