We have now tested the display and audio output quality of Nokia 2 continuing with our detailed hands-on coverage of Nokia 2. Nokia 2 comes with a 5.0” LTPS LCD display with HD resolution. It also packs Nokia Sunlight reading technology for better outdoor readability and wide viewing angles. Here are the display specs provided officially.
- Size and type 5.0” HD LTPS LCD In-Cell Touch
- Resolution 1280 x 720
- Contrast ratio 1:1300
- Material Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3
For testing Nokia 2 display and audio output we have used it indoors under artificial light and also outdoors under the direct sunlight. We have also streamed video and zoomed in to see the quality of the display. You can watch the two videos for more but here are our observations.
- Nokia 2 display is bright and ideal brightness level is around 50-60% in most of the cases. Adaptive brightness, however, is calibrated just fine
- Outdoor readability is very good for its price range and perhaps the best-in-class when compared to other budget smartphones
- It has good color interpretation and color contrast even though it is an LCD display.
- Viewing angles are excellent. The best that you will see on any of the displays out there
- Video streaming is really enjoyable on Nokia 2 display due to good color reproduction and loud audio
- Fingerprint resistance is a very nice feature of Nokia 2 display and you don’t need to wipe it time and again
- Nokia 2 audio output is both loud and rich in quality. Even at the maximum sound level, there are no distortions. The audio quality while streaming videos or playing games is satisfactory
Read our Full Nokia 2 coverage here.