Nokia has announced a new member of the “Next Billion Strategy” called Nokia 109. It will come loaded with Xpress Browser, Social, super-loud volume speakers and great Battery life for a much affordable price of $42 only (Before Taxes). The Nokia 109 will be available in black and cyan from this quarter in China, the Asia Pacific region and Europe.
- Armed with the Nokia Xpress Browser. This cloud-accelerated browser reduces the data consumption of web pages by up to 90 per cent to deliver an easy and inexpensive web experience.
- Facebook and Twitter access right from the home screen will serve social networking needs, while the eBuddy instant messaging client is available for download from Nokia Store to make it easy to keep up-to-date with your closest contacts.
- The battery life on this phone is extremely enviable, with up to 33 days standby time specified, or 7.5 hours talk-time.
- The phone includes a media player, as well as an FM radio, with radio recording in some markets.
- The built-in speaker packs a punch for whole room entertainment, reaching a volume of up to 103 phons (phon is the unit of apparent loudness).
- Owners can expand the external memory using an SD card for up to 32GB of storage.