WhatsApp is now started rolling out another update to it’s WhatsApp messenger app on different platforms.
The latest update is available in the Google Play Store. This new update comes with some interesting new features and improvements for the group conversations in WhatsApp. The first new feature introduced today by WhatsApp is the group description with which there will be a small info about any group. This also allows you to set the purpose, guidelines, or topics for the group. Another addition in this update is that admin now gets an option to control the group and has ability to restrict someone from changing the group information and other details.
The third interesting feature we found with this update is group catch up. This is helpful when you’ve not seen messages in a group from many days. Now there will be an ‘@’ button in the bottom that will show you messages in which you’ve been mentioned.
Participant search is also a new feature that WhatsApp has added which will help you searching a participant in any group.
- Group description: A short blurb found under group info that allows you to set the purpose, guidelines, or topics for the group. When a new person joins a group, the description will show up at the top of the chat.
- Admin controls: In group settings, there’s now a control that allows admins to restrict who can change the group’s subject, icon, and description.
- Group catch up: When you’ve been away from a group chat, quickly catch up on messages that mention or reply to you by tapping on a new @ button that appears at the bottom right corner of the chat.
- Participant search: Find anyone in a group by searching for participants on the group info page.
- Admins can now remove admin permissions of other group participants, and group creators can no longer be removed from the group they started.