This one is exclusive because a lot of users have asked for it before and today you can go and try out the trick to Enable LED notifications on any of the Lumia 730/735/830/930/950/950XL. So without further waiting, let us see how this could be done with a mod.
- You should be running latest official build i.e. 14393.448
- Download this cab file
- Download i386 zip file
Once you are done with this, you are ready for the next steps.
- Browse to the extracted i386.zip folder and run iutool in cmd with admin rights.
- Connect your phone through a USB cable.
- Type this command “iutool -l” (without quotes) to see if the device is connected and recognized.
- Put the cab (downloaded above) to a new folder like c:\cabs
- On the cmd prompt type: iutool -V -p c:\cabs – it should push the cab to the device and start the update.
- If there is an error like 0x8024a110, ignore.
- The device will automatically reboot very soon and go to flash mode (spinning gears screen) to apply the cab.
- Once done, the usual “data migration” screen should come up.
By now, the LED should already be blinking. If it is not the case, try this workaround:
Either use these Registry Edits using Interop tools,
“HardwareId”=”ACPI\QCOM0D50” –for 730,830 and 930 (type=string)
“HardwareId”=”ACPI\QCOM24A3” –for 950 (type=string)
then restart ur device..it will work.
- Extract the appropriate zip file.
- Open the folder to reveal a reg file
- Move the reg file to your phone/SD card
- Go to interop tool and import registry file
- choose the reg file and click ok. that’s it!
If you want to turn off the LED notifications for a specific app, head to settings>system>notifications.
Here is a short video demonstrating the final result on Lumia 730
Note: Please try this at your own risk. We do not recommend trying this on your primary device as hacks like these could potentially damage the device and render it unusable.