In this article, we provide a step by step tutorial on how to update any Nokia Android smartphone to Android Oreo Beta and also roll-back to Nougat if you face issues. Please note that you can update to Android Beta only if it is available for your Nokia Android smartphone.
How to update to Android Oreo Beta:
- You need to go to Nokia Beta Labs by following this link and then sign in with your Facebook or Google account.
- Once signed in you need to enter your Phone’s IMEI and Operators’ name to get verified and register to Beta Labs.
- After entering IMEI and Operator’s name once you click on register for Beta labs, your phone gets validated if Android Oreo Beta is available for your phone.
- Now scroll down on the page and check “I have read the instructions and ensured my phone has the latest general release software installed”. Now click on “request OTA”.
- Go to your phone and check for updates by going to Settings—>System–>About Phone–System update–>Check for update.
How to roll-back to Nougat from Oreo Beta:
In case if you are not happy with the Android Oreo Beta and want to roll-back to Nougat, you can do so by following the below steps.
- You need to go to Nokia Beta Labs by following this link and then sign in with the same Facebook or Google account you used to get Oreo Beta.
- Now scroll down on the page till you reach “Want to roll-back” section. Now check “I have read the instructions and ensured my phone has the latest general release software installed” and “Roll back via OTA”.