Nokia has released a job search application with Augmented reality called “JobLens”. Needless to say it is a Lumia exclusive application. If, you have used “Citylens” application already on your Lumia, then you will know that you can see places of interest in the AR view. Similarly JobLens helps you see jobs all around you through augmented reality. It is powered by the best names in job search industry.
Powered by Indeed, Linkedin, Here Maps, Twitter, Facebook, Windows Live, Salary.com (US only), Zillow (US only), CareerOneStop (US only), Data.uk.gov (UK only), Payscale (UK only) and other best-in-class content partners, the app enables you to discover new job opportunities in both the physical world and through your social networks.
-JobLens helps you every step of the way.
– Find positions that are right for you
– Identify people in your social network who can connect you to the hiring manager
– Create and store your resume/CV
– Apply to the job
– Get directions to the interview
– Get up-to-date news and information about employers you like
– Learn about job location demographics and employment trends in your field
– Save jobs you like and track your progress
Nokia has brought Symbian’s “Sleeping screen” as Glance screen on Lumia 925. It is still in Beta and will come to other Lumia WP8 devices in due course with “Amber software update“. In a NokConv article, Nokia has sought to detail about how it works and what settings are available. Check the article link below for more.