Let us first start with a video demonstrating the most important changes in PR1.2 update.This video is not in english, but if you focus it might not be difficult to notice the changes.
Now coming to the changelog,we are sharing the most comprehensive changelog of N9’s PR1.2 update available at the Maemo forum. We have also highlighted most important changes in the features.
Camera & Media:
Video Calling supported.
Camera improvement (Shortcut to enable/disable flash, New filters for video recording? and an option to turn on flash whilst recording)
Gallery Improvement (Face tagging)
Some new Wallpapers inserted in Gallery?
Media Sharing. Support for DLNA enabled devices (not tested)
More image editing options in the Gallery.
Selecting multiple files in the image gallery causes a purple haze to appear over the images. Previously only a purple outline was used.
Now you can delete a music file straight from the media player.
Music Player supports Playlist making
Support for Dropbox
Hitting the Album cover whilst playing a song shows the current play list instead of pausing the song.
Camera has continuous shutter mode. If you hold it, it will take 8 pics in rapid succession.
Features Added/Bugs Fixed :
- Swype keyboard now has bigger keys. Cant emphasise how great of an update this is. Also they seem to have fixed the “P” bug in swype. Previously starting a word with P in swype resulted in the keyboard being swiped. This no longer happens.
- To rename a folder press and hold inside the created folder to see a space to type the name.
- Default font changed. Including height and weight.
- Contact Book has the ‘Search’ bar visible by default.
- Each Contact Book entry now has wording “Synct to – MFE -“. This isnt ‘clickable’ and seems odd as it takes up quite a bit of space without clear functionality.
- IM Availability screen has been changed. It is now dark themed.
- Searching for contacts has been optimised and now allows you to search in Skype from the same screen.
- Turning off the device causes the LED to stay on. Once it goes off the device can be turned on again.
- All UI menus have changed from white grey to black grey.
- Support for D-Pad arrows.
- Snooze/Off Buttons now much larger for the Alarm.
- New Contacts option: “Prefer Avatars from” and prefer Nick name.
- Swype languages limited to Chosen list only.
- Random brightness changes seem to have disappeared. Improvement on light sensor behaviour?
- “Conntect to the Internet” pop up screen gone when offline? (Need confirmation from a few others).
- LED now ‘breathes’ when the device is being charged.
- Facebook/Twitter notifications on the locked home screen.
- Swiping down to close an app now results in a dark shadow being cast on the open window. I suppose this is to indicate the swipe will close the app? Nice touch.
- Closing an app no longer results in the app appearing in the multi tasking window for a split second before closing.
- Disable Backgound connection for mobile data connection (ie. if you want to allow only WLAN to be used for bg connection).
- Copy and paste in the Browser.
- Most visited links on the Browser now has the top 2 visited sites in Bold and same size.
- Opening and closing a link from a browser sends you back to the original page as oppose to the multi tasking window.
- Browser now remembers passwords.
- The default browser can be changed to Firefox if installed. Just go to Settings -> Applications -> Web.
The words “up-to-date” now appear when a mailbox has been synced in the last 1 minute
A failure to sync an inbox now shows a red arrow on the notification bar.
Improved scrolling in most apps.Including the Ovi/Nokia Market.Though lag still appears unexpectedly.
The Drive App now has imported all the Favourites from the Maps application.
Also the panning/zooming is much smoother.
Street names now re-flow with you to ensure you can always see the street names.