Now it seems Nokia may have already identified a partner, if a recent job listing has to be taken into account. The job listing is for a partner Account Executive who will look after a “key strategic partner”.
We are now looking for a partner Account Executive to join our team. In this role you will be responsible for managing a key strategic partner account for Nokia’s brand licensing business. Your responsibilities includes:
- Drive and develop Nokia’s business with the partner both short term and long term
- Drive identification and realization of win-win business opportunities between the partner and Nokia in a long term strategic partnership mode
- Establish an effective working mode and trusted relationships with key partner decision makers
- Manage the contributions across different stakeholders in Nokia that are needed for to achieve Nokia’ s business with the account or fulfill our business commitment with the account
- Develop long term account strategies
- Lead Nokia’s account team and represent Nokia in the daily interactions with the partner
This is a new position opened as part of a strategy to significantly grow the Nokia brand licensing business and partnering over the coming years.
You will lead the local account team close to partner executives and decision makers. In this role you will also work closely with other members of the Nokia brand licensing management team other internal stakeholders within Nokia. You are expected able to both lead and effectively manage both short term business performance and develop effective account plans for growing Nokia business with the account.
While we trust our sources and Nokia chose Foxconn for Nokia N1 with good results, it may be interesting and good for Nokia if it gets more partners for its brand-licensing business. Meizu has been long rumored to be one of them and the rumor has been reinforced by some official tweets today.