Windows 10 Mobile Build 14393.189 is the latest RTM CU build released by Microsoft for everyone running Anniversary update on their devices. You can read the official changelog of Build 14393.189 by clicking here. This CU Build brings lots of fixes and improvements over the last Build 14393.67. The Build is the first cumulative update build over the public release Anniversary update Build 14393.67.
Now we share our Impressions of the build including performance, multitasking, gaming, navigation demo, bugs & Installation experience.
Read our Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary update review and massive changelog + hands-on demo of changes vs Threshold by clicking on the links below.
Build 14393.189 Installation Experience:
The Installation experience has been quite smooth for us in case of the Build 14393.189. It took around 25 to 35 minutes for the build to get downloaded, installed, data migrated and the devices getting up and running.
In case it takes too much time for you try a soft reset or plug-in the phone and it may work finally. You can refer to our common issues and errors fixing guide for more. You will be usually notified for a restart when the download has completed in background. You can check our tutorial on how to prepare for upgrade to Windows 10 Mobile.
Build 14393.189 Hands-on Impressions (Performance, Multitasking, Gaming, Battery Life & more):
- The Build 14393.189 simply offers the best experience yet when it comes to performance and fluidity.
- Fast and responsive during normal daily smartphone tasks like start-screen navigation, apps list scrolling, opening and closing of settings, handling calls, texts, Mails and more.
- It runs smoothly and impresses with its responsiveness all around even on low-end devices like Lumia 550.
- Battery Life seems quite good so far during our hands-on usage of the Build.
- Bluetooth, Mobile Data and WiFi connections work fine on our devices.
- Native apps like Store, Maps, Camera, Outlook Mail & Calendar etc work fine. Sharing works flawlessly.
- Microsoft Edge has kept improving with every build. It loads pages faster and zooming, panning etc work appreciably well.
- Video streaming and playing also works fine without any issue like flickering faced on very early builds and we have demoed it too.
- Gaming also works fine and multitasking with even two heavy games open in background is rock solid
- Multitasking for apps works impressively and apps resume really fast from background. Apps don’t crash in background while multitasking
Major Bug & Issues:
- Bluetooth functionality needs a UI overhaul with control options like allowing “which devices to connect automatically” or “manually”. There should be option to manually search for Bluetooth devices.
In a Nutshell:
Build 14393.189 simply runs like the best Windows 10 Mobile Build ever. It comes with many fixes and improvements, even for the less-known bugs / issues. It is rock solid as a daily driver.
We also want to make it clear that it is our hands-on experience with the build and your experience may vary and may be better or worse than ours. We recommend hard reset, if you are facing lots of issues. You can read our guide to fix commonly known Windows 10 Mobile upgrade, installation and usability issues.
Read our Full Anniversary update coverage:
[display-posts tag=”Anniversary-update” image_size=”Thumbnail” posts_per_page=”15″]