Microsoft has just pushed Windows 10 Mobile Build 10586.420 (10.0.10586.420) to non-Insiders and insiders in the release Preview Ring as the June cumulative update. The build brings with itself some important fixes and improvements including one for “Project My Screen” not working on some phones. Read the full changelog below.
Read our hands-on impressions (review) and Installation experience of the Build 10586.420 by clicking here.
Windows 10 Mobile Build 10586.420 Changelog:
We have started rolling out the June cumulative update (10.0.10586.420) for Windows 10 Mobile today.
Key improvements in this release include:
- Reliability, performance and stability improvements.
- Improvements to Cortana, including a fix for a problem that sometimes resulted in a crash when performing a search, and corrections to inaccurate times after Daylight Savings Time (DST) on meeting cards and reminders.
- Fix for a problem that could result in unexpected battery drain while syncing mail using IMAP.
- Improvements to the Maps app, including better stability, improved accuracy, and reduced latency with driving directions.
- Improved reliability of syncing text messages from the phone to the cloud.
- Reduced amount of time it takes some phones to completely power off after “Goodbye” disappears.
- Fix for a problem that caused some phones unable to re-add a primary Microsoft account without resetting after upgrading from Windows Phone 8.1.
- Fix for a problem that caused some phones unable to install keyboard and languages without resetting after upgrading from Windows Phone 8.1.
- Reduced the number of days a phone can go without restarting to receive an update from 14 days to 7 days.
- Fix for a problem that caused the phone to stop ringing from an incoming call, if interrupted by an SMS.
- Fix for a problem that caused Project My Screen to stop working on some phones.
In case you are facing issues with the Windows 10 Mobile update you can read our tutorial on how to prepare your devices. Read our guide to troubleshoot your devices for any upgrade, installation and usability issues.
Read the read the massive Windows 10 Mobile TH2 (Build 10586.XXX) Changelog by clicking here.
Thanks Kany, Vicky and many others for the tips. Cheers!!