To read about all the changes that this build brings click [here] [here] [here] [here] [here] [here] and [here].
Build 10149 Impressions:
1) This is certainly the fastest and most usable Windows 10 Mobile build yet. The animations look good and make the OS feel faster. Background wallpaper now appears sharper than what was seen on Build 10136.
2) It is more polished than Windows 10 Mobile build 10136 and most of the basic things work as expected. Even the Microsoft account and addition of PIN is available in this build.
3) It brings many changes and new features and while visual changes may be less pronounced, the changes are very important as they define user experience.
4) While we have it running on our main devices, some bugs still mar the experience, if you think from the daily driver perspective. Though as a Windows Insider you may be pretty happy with this build.
Build 10149 Bugs:
There are some annoying bugs (if you use it on your main device) in Build 10149, though much less frequent than earlier builds. Here are some of the common bugs.
- Crashes and freezes are still there. While less frequently occuring than previous builds, still not as stable as Windows Phone 8.1 release builds. Workaround: No workaround but a hard reset may make it better.
- Lock Screen bug makes device freeze at Lock Screen at times. Workaround: A hard reset may fix this issue.
- Store Beta still has download and install issues and many times it fails and crashes. Workaround: Nothing, just retry.
- The background image (wallpaper) appears sharper on the start screen. But cropping should be made better.
- Common freezing and crashing of apps like camera, settings and others. Doesn’t happen as frequently as older builds, though. Workaround: A hard reset may help but it may still need couple of new builds to reach to Windows Phone 8.1 GDR2 like polish and stability.