One year back we first reported RM-964 with 5.2-inch display from Zauba data and later we came to understand that it will be like a mini Lumia 1520 in shape and will sport a 3D-touch UI. According to evleaks it was supposed to come to all US carriers as “the Lumia Flagship”.
1) McLaren was supposed to be a universal Flagship, while the Lumia 1030 is still the imaging flagship targeted to a niche crowd. McLaren was never supposed to carry such bulging camera being the universally accepted Flagship
2) As much we know McLaren was supposed to carry Lumia 1520’s design language in smaller body. Lumia 1030, as the above images suggest is quite different.
3) The specs revealed for RM-1052 aka Lumia 1030 are still quite modest for a true flagship and Lumia 930 successor as the new flagship. McLaren was supposed to come with bleeding edge specs.
4) Jo Harlow has also hinted that Lumia 1020 successor is in works and that confirms Lumia 1030’s existence.
5) Last but not the least, RM-964 and RM-1052 are quite far away in terms of timelines, when it comes to Nokia product codes numbering system and certainly belong to two different devices
We don’t know whether Lumia 1030 will ever be released or if it really gets a life, when it will be released. We haven’t yet seen RM-1052 or related codes appearing anywhere in certifications or any other databases. Though, we have checked and found that RM-1052 is really a valid prototype and we are looking forward to more leaks of Lumia 1030 in future.