NSN has launched predictive operations managed service at MWC14. It aims to forecast network problems up to two days ahead of actual issue, so they can be fixed before subscribers notice quality issues. The NSN Predictive Operations service helps boost mobile broadband service quality by 15% for a better customer experience.
Also new for NSN’s Managed Services portfolio is LTE Service Management that helps ensure excellent quality. Offered as an enhanced managed service, industry-first NSN Predictive Operations spots potential service degradations and outages with 95% accuracy.
Breaks new ground with LTE Advanced:
In line with the expected new generation of large-bandwidth LTE-Advanced smartphones and tablets, Nokia Solutions and Networks is evolving its commercially proven Carrier Aggregation software enabling higher data rates in mobile operator networks.
- Extends its commercial LTE-Advanced Carrier Aggregation to 3 carriers
- Shows 450 Mbps data speeds for individual users at MWC
- Optimizes HetNets with dynamic, load-balancing eICIC
30 percent faster cell edge downloads:
With a simple software upgrade, operators can deploy a coordinated scheduling feature in their FDD-LTE and TD-LTE networks to reduce interference between adjacent base stations. This evolution of the Nokia Solutions and Networks Smart Scheduler provides up to 30 percent faster downlink speeds at the cell edge, an advantage during periods of peak congestion. Importantly, coordinated scheduling is implemented as software within the base stations, avoiding the need for any additional hardware.
- Compatible with both FDD and TDD variants of LTE
- Boosts downlink speeds at cell edge with no added hardware costs
- Shows world’s first demonstration of a new coordinated multi-cell scheduling approach at MWC