Nokia has released its Q2 earnings and here are the highlights,
- Net sales in Q2 2014 of EUR 2.9 billion
- Revenue up 10% and operating profit 17% (284 million EUR) up Quarter on Quarter
- Nokia Networks achieved strong underlying operating profitability with non-IFRS operating profit of EUR 281 million, or 11.0% of net sales
- Nokia Networks net sales in Q2 2014 were EUR 2.6 billion, compared to EUR 2.8 billion in Q2 2013. Excluding foreign currency fluctuations and the divestments of businesses not consistent with its strategic focus, as well as the exiting of certain customer contracts and countries, Nokia Networks net sales would have increased 1% year-on-year.
- HERE net sales in Q2 2014 were approximately flat on a year-on-year basis. Excluding foreign currency fluctuations, HERE net sales in Q2 2014 would have increased 2% year-on-year.
- HERE sold map data licenses for the embedded navigation systems of 3.3 million new vehicles globally, compared to 2.7 million vehicles in Q2 2013. With this HERE has sold 25% more licenses (6.1 million) as compared to 2013 in the first half of the year 2014.
- Nokia Technologies net sales increased sequentially in Q2 2014, primarily due to Microsoft becoming a more significant intellectual property licensee in conjunction with the sale of substantially all of the Devices & Services business to Microsoft.
- Nokia ended Q2 2014 with a strong balance sheet and solid cash position with gross cash of EUR 9.0 billion and net cash of EUR 6.5 billion compared to EUR 6.9 billion and EUR 2.1 billion, respectively, at the end of Q1 2014.
Source 1 2