Nokia Mobile has now made the first Android 12 Beta build available for Nokia X20 5G. Another good news is that Beta update will be available OTA (over the air) for the eligible and enrolled Nokia X20 5G devices.
Nokia Mobile is using My Phone app for enrollment to Android developer preview program. Once enrolled one needs to request for receiving the Android 12 Beta build. You may also check for update (Settings > About Phone > System Updates) to get it quickly. Nokia Mobile has also mentioned that the Android 12 Beta build may not be available on all Network providers.
Check all the details below or click on the page link to learn more.
Ready to get started?
- Ensure you have the latest version of the My Phone app installed.
- Open the My Phone app on your device, click on the Support banner at the bottom, and scroll down to “Android developer preview”.
- Allow the app to check your IMEI (so we can check eligibility of device), agree to the software license terms and conditions, and after checking the Important Notes, confirm you’re happy to continue.
Learn more about Android developer builds on the Android Developer Preview site: developer.android.com
Get developer preview over the air
Over-the-air (OTA) is the easiest way to get your hands on the new Android developer preview builds. Due to image file size, it is recommended that users download builds over Wi-Fi.
Please remember that installing an ADP build will result in the loss of user data. We recommend that you back up any important data before requesting the build.
After you request the update, we’ll push the build to you within 12 hours and you’ll get a notification on your device when the build is ready to install.
Alternatively, if you want to try and get the build sooner, wait about 20 minutes after requesting the build (so we can get the build synched with your IMEI) and then try a manual push request from Settings > About Phone > System Updates.
You can now test your apps! Don’t forget to let us know what you think – you’ll be helping with software improvements and enhancements later down the line.
Please report any issues through the pre-installed Customer Feedback app as this is the quickest way we can take in your issues in for further review.
Also, feel free to discuss your experiences with other developer preview users in the Nokia phones community.
Google released Android 12 Beta 4 recently marking the platform stability for Android 12. This means that while Android 12 Beta testing continues until public release in the future Beta builds may be much more stable.
Android 12 is supposed to bring lots of UI changes, new animations and features. You can read the official details about Android 12 Beta UI changes and new features by clicking here.
Nokia Mobile has also urged Nokia X20 5G owners to go through below points before taking the dive.
Please review the points below before proceeding with the registration process:
- Android 12 developer preview program builds (ADP) are early Android OS releases and are intended for application developers only – they are not recommended for general use.
- Although strenuously tested by our development team, the builds may exhibit performance and/or stability issues in some cases.
- Some applications downloaded from the Google Play Store may not be supported (either in full or in part) and may show signs of instability.
- Upgrading from Android 11 to the Android 12 developer preview program and rollback from the Android 12 developer preview program to the Official Android 11 build will result in loss of user data. As such, we recommended that you back up any user data to avoid loss.
- Online support is limited and may not be available to help users who experience difficulties with flashing the device.
If you have any doubts as to whether these builds are suitable for your use, we recommend you do not continue with developer preview registration and await the official market release.
Please note, we may not be able to offer Android 12 developer preview program builds to devices on certain network providers.