Nokia has released a new update for its VR Camera OZO software. The OZO Update 1.5.0 is a major one and brings many new features with itself. It also brings support for macOS Sierra and HTC Vive. Read the full changelog for OZO Update 1.5.0.
OZO Update 1.5.0 Full Changelog:
- Compatible with macOS Sierra: OZO Remote, OZO Creator and OZO Preview are now compatible with both El Capitan and macOS Sierra.
- Multi-GPU support: OZO Remote and OZO Creator now support both AMD and NVidia video GPU cards, giving you more choices during your VR productions.
- Windows laptop support – OZO Remote now supports Asus G752VS-BA171T/R laptop (or equivalent Asus model) that has only one discrete GPU.
- Upgraded Assisted Exposure: Assisted Exposure is now part of the OZO Remote Web Interface to help you set optimal exposure time. It can now also be triggered through your smartphone or tablet for added convenience of mobility.
- Fine Stitch Improvements: OZO Creator’s Fine Stitch option now produces sharper, more precise images – especially with moving objects or objects close to the camera.
- Temporal Noise Filtering added: This lowers visible noise in exported OZO images, enhancing stitched video quality and increasing OZO exposure options
- Disparity Fade Support for Stitching: Fine Stitch option now supports an option to automatically fade disparity between left and right eye panoramas to zero (providing a monoscopic view) at the north and south poles of the image enhancing the HMD viewing experience of these areas.
- Single Frame Export Option: OZO Creator adds single frame export option to the job queue allowing quick experimentation of different combinations of settings by adding one frame export tests to the job queue and then exporting everything at once to see which one you prefer.
- First Order Ambisonics Audio Support: First Order Ambisonics audio can now be exported, imported, and previewed with OZO Creator enabling delivery of spatial audio in format supported by YouTube and Facebook distribution channels. OZO Preview also fully supports previewing in this format now as well.
- HTC Vive Support — We’ve added support for HTC Vive head-mounted display to OZO Preview when reviewing files in VR giving you more flexibility when previewing your files to use the HMD of your choice
- We’ve added a few other great features that you’ll want to learn more about as well like Orientation Data export, Upside-Down clip Orientation Rotation, Flexible Import File Naming, Automatic Audio Gain Setting, and more.
Download the latest versions of OZO Remote, OZO Creator and OZO Preview by visiting OZO Software page.
Read our Full Nokia OZO coverage:
[display-posts tag=”ozo” posts_per_page=”30″ image_size=”thumbnail”]