Continuing with our detailed hands-on coverage of Nokia 8 We have now tested the display and audio output quality of Nokia 8. Nokia 8 comes with a 5.3” IPS LCD display with QHD resolution. It has a high brightness of 700 nits and also comes with Nokia Sunlight reading technology for better outdoor readability and wide viewing angles. Here are the display specs provided officially.
- 5.3” IPS LCD QHD, 2560 x 1440, 700nits screen brightness, Glance Screen Support
- Corning® Gorilla® Glass 5, 2.5D Glass
For testing Nokia 8 display we have used it indoors under artificial light and also outdoors under the direct sunlight. We have also streamed video and zoomed in to see the quality of the display. You can watch the video for more but here are our observations.
- Nokia 8 display is very bright and ideal brightness level is around 40% in most of the cases. Adaptive brightness, however, is calibrated a bit on the lower side and needs bit of boost with next software update
- Outdoor readability is great and perhaps the best-in-class when compared to other flagship smartphones
- It has excellent color interpretation and contrast. Colors come out vibrant and blacks look deep even though it is an LCD display.
- Viewing angles are excellent. The best that you will see on any of the displays out there
- Video streaming is a joy on Nokia 8 display with excellent color reproduction and fidelity due to high PPI
- Fingerprint resistance is a very nice feature of Nokia 8 display and you don’t need to wipe it time and again
Nokia 8 comes with OZO Audio surround sound support. Nokia 8 Audio output is both loud and rich. The audio quality while streaming videos or playing high-quality games impresses a lot, though it doesn’t come with a stereo speaker. We just posted an article about Nokia 8 Camera UI demo and also tips and tricks to get the best quality images.
Read our Full Nokia 8 coverage here.