Finally we got a completely new universal Twitter app for Windows devices yesterday. The official Twitter app for Windows phone was not that appreciated with an old user interface that didn’t follow Windows 10 guidelines. There were many good features lacking which were available in other third party apps. Yesterday Twitter has released a new Universal Twitter app for Windows devices as an update for existing Twitter app. The new app brings revamped gorgeous look, an awesome user interface, many new features to the app. Check our hands-on video of the Twitter app on both PC and Mobile.
- One of your favorite things about Twitter for Windows phone is the dark theme. Since this is also one of the most requested features for Twitter for Windows 10 on desktop and tablets, we’re bringing the dark theme there too. Change your theme by going to Settings > Personalization.
- With Twitter for Windows 10 on mobile, you can experience Moments and group Direct Messages; shoot, edit, and Tweet video using your camera; share a Tweet and add your own commentary with quote Tweet; it’s easier to follow conversations; and you can check out top Tweets without logging in.
- Twitter for Windows easily adapts to different devices and screen sizes.
- When bringing the app to mobile phones we carefully considered each section of Twitter and how the user interaction translates from desktops and tablets. We found that 90% of the UI and interaction models could be shared from these devices to mobile phones, but there were places where we decided to make adjustments to optimize for each.
- But while full-screen paging with swipe navigation is easy and delightful on mobile devices, it’s a pain point when using a mouse to click through. On larger screens for desktop and tablets, it made sense to present the information in a grid layout
These are the new features of Universal Twitter app. You can watch our new hands on video of Universal Twitter app.
Already tried the new app ? Comment your experience the app.