Pleasant surprise for the device owners not eligible to update to Anniversary update!! Microsoft has pushed a new TH2 Build 10586.682 (10.0.10586.682) to these devices today. This is certainly a welcome move which was quite unexpected given Microsoft’s general apathy.
This build brings lots of changes and fixes over the last Release Preview Build for such devices, Build 10586.456. Check the official changelog(s) below for Build 10586.682 over Build 10586.456. We have compiled changelogs for all release builds between these two builds released by Microsoft.
Windows 10 Mobile Build 10586.682 Official Changelog:
This update is published for Windows 10 Mobile. It includes the same improvements and fixes from the update listed as November 8, 2016—KB3198586 (OS Build 10586.679) that was published for Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016.
November 8, 2016—KB3198586 (OS Build 10586.679):
- Improved the reliability of the Windows shell, Microsoft Edge, and Internet Explorer 11.
- Addressed issue with Japanese characters that are missing when converted by the Input Method Editor.
- Addressed issue with systems that randomly stop applying UNC Hardening group policy, leaving systems vulnerable until restarted.
- Addressed issue with proxy authentication that causes Windows Update downloads to fail.
- Addressed issue that prevents users from accessing network resources after logon after they’ve installed KB3185614.
- Addressed issue with point rendering in Internet Explorer 11 and Microsoft Edge.
- Addressed issue where users can’t navigate to Internet sites when a network is configured to use Web Proxy Auto Discovery (WPAD).
- Addressed issue where users can’t access Microsoft Store in an authenticated proxy environment.
- Addressed additional issues with enterprise security, Internet Explorer 11, Remote Desktop, datacenter networking, Windows shell, filter driver, the Access Point Name (APN) database, and wireless networking.
- Security updates to the Windows operating system, kernel-mode drivers, Microsoft Edge, Boot Manager, Internet Explorer 11, Common Log File System driver, Microsoft Virtual Hard Drive, Microsoft Video Control, Windows authentication methods, Windows File Manager, OpenType, and the Microsoft Graphics Component.
October 11, 2016—KB3192441 (OS Build 10586.633):
- Improved reliability of Internet Explorer 11, kernel mode drivers, downloading apps from the Store, and Windows graphics device interface (GDI).
- Addressed issue causing printer drivers to not install correctly after installing security update KB3170005.
- Addressed issue causing sign-in errors if a password is entered incorrectly or a new password doesn’t meet password complexity requirements after installing security update KB3167679.
- Addressed issue that causes Internet Explorer 11 to fail sometimes when using a user-defined style sheet.
- Addressed issue where scrollbar position is reset after display property is set to none in Internet Explorer 11.
- Addressed issue where a script in a nested frameset may not run correctly in Microsoft Edge.
- Improved support for websites by updating the HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) preload list.
- Improved the upload of telemetry and download of telemetry settings in an authenticated proxy environment and support for Azure Active Directory (AAD).
- Addressed additional issues with revised daylight saving time, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11, and WebDAV.
- Security updates to kernel-mode drivers, Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows registry, and diagnostic hub.
September 13, 2016 — KB3185614 (OS Build 10586.589):
- Improved reliability of Internet Explorer 11, USB, and the .NET framework.
- Addressed issue with the link to “Change my environment variables” in the User Accounts Control Panel not working correctly.
- Addressed issue where a device, which previously had Internet access, has the incorrect time and date after joining a network with no Internet access to SSL servers.
- Addressed issue where someone with a mandatory profile can’t use the Start menu, Cortana, search, and some pre-installed apps.
- Addressed issue where, after installing a package using Windows Installer (MSI), customers can’t run any command line utility unless they restart or sign out and then sign in to their device.
- Addressed issue causing “Print all linked documents” to not work in Internet Explorer 11.
- Improved support for networks by adding new entries to the Access Point Name (APN) database.
- Removed the Copy Protection option when ripping CDs in Windows Media Audio (WMA) format from Windows Media Player.
- Addressed additional issues with excessive security logging, Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI), consumer storage, Add-On List Group Policy Object, mobile broadband, filter drivers, Internet Explorer 11, Windows Media Player, graphics, revised daylight saving time, and Windows Shell.
- Security updates to Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Graphics Component, Microsoft Edge, Windows Secure Kernel Mode, Windows SMB Server, Windows kernel, Windows Lock Screen, and Adobe Flash Player.
August 9, 2016 — KB3176493 (OS Build 10586.545)
- Improved reliability by allowing more time for devices to recover from connected standby mode.
- Addressed issue affecting some devices with Bitlocker enabled that didn’t start up to the BitLocker password entry screen.
- Addressed issue with MouseUp and MouseDown events not working correctly when using a scroll bar in an Inline Frame (IFrame).
- Addressed issue that delays the display of content when resizing the Internet Explorer 11 browser window.
- Addressed issue with special keys and mouse clicks that don’t work on devices when Remote Assistance is in session.
- Addressed issue with rendering multi-pixel points in Web Graphics Library (WebGL).
- Addressed additional issues with certain devices that can’t transition from connected standby to sleep mode, updates not installing, and Internet Explorer 11.
- Security updates to Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge, Kernel Mode Drivers, Windows Authentication Methods, Microsoft Graphics Component, and Kernel Mode Blacklist.
July 12, 2016 — KB3172985 (OS Build 10586.494):
- Improved reliability of Windows Media Player, Internet Explorer 11, Windows Explorer, Miracast, and Windows kernel.
- Fixed issue with some people seeing a black screen instead of the lock screen when resuming from connected standby.
- Fixed issue with DirectAccess where the Disconnect button appears in some cases when the connection isn’t fully established.
- Fixed issue where local user accounts weren’t locked after a number of failed sign in attempts.
- Improved support for video playback in certain apps that didn’t render video correctly after resuming from sleep.
- Fixed issue with Windows Phone losing user authentication certificates after upgrading to Windows 10 Mobile in some cases.
- Improved support of the backup settings of apps on Windows 10 Mobile.
- Fixed issue where Microsoft Silverlight based apps wouldn’t install on Windows 10 Mobile after joining Azure Active Directory.
- Fixed additional issues in .NET, Windows Kernel, Windows Update, authentication, revised daylight saving time, support for PDF files, Bluetooth, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11, networking, and Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Security updates for Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11, Kernel Mode Drivers, Windows Kernel, .NET Framework, Windows Secure Kernel Mode, and Microsoft Print Spooler.