Now, since there are no foreseeable Nokia future plans related to use of imaging in any of its devices, one can be given to impression that it mayn’t need to work on camera technology. But, you can be so wrong, as it seems Nokia has bigger plans related to camera and imaging tech in store. Two of its recent job openings are related to imaging advancements and one of them needs knowledge of “Linux or Android“.
Senior Imaging system engineer job posting talks about “new imaging software”.
In this role, you will be responsible of designing, implementing and optimizing our new imaging software with focus ranging from camera interfaces to multimedia frameworks and algorithm assets. You will expand a team of highly skilled inviduals and take ownership of deliverables that create the new Nokia imaging offering.
It requires following skill sets and one of them is Linux and / or Android experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of SW development experience
- Work experience on Linux and/or Android operating systems
- Strong hands-on experience on embedded software system integration
- Application development experience
- Imaging and multimedia domain expertise
- Team player attitude and interest to learn new things
Another job opening is for Principal Engineer, Camera Modules and its description reveals that Nokia is very serious about bringing word-class SW-HW synergies
In this role, you will ensure all of our imaging technology offering will be perfectly aligned with the amazing developments in different areas of camera module HW. You will drive our camera HW collaborations, ensure the flow of innovation concerning all important areas of module development, be it in sensors, opto-mechanics or interfaces and you will enable best imaging system performance based on fully optimized SW and HW synergies.
· Development at the forefront of several exciting technology areas
· Collaboration with top expert within Nokia and with our many collaborators
· Work in a growing team of imaging enthusiasts
Now, these two job openings can also be argued to be Nokia’s planning to test and fine tune its camera tech before licensing to Android manufacturers. But Nokia may have other plans as well, which is again hinted by a third job opening. This opening is for LCD engineer and talks about high volume production of displays,
Main Responsibilities: – Responsible for touch and display module design/development/and test- Responsible for touch and display electrical interface test plan creation and execution-Work closely with cross-functional teams to optimized and deliver the highest touch and display performance and quality-Develop test tools to further measure and optimized to enable high volume production
The skill set is so much interesting as well,
– M.Sc. or B.Sc. in Electronic Engineering, telecommunication or other relevant field – Min 5 years or equivalent experience in mobile industry- Min 3 years of experience working with mobile device – Open minded pioneering attitude- Passion to deliver beautiful products and concepts (ID and UX)- Hands-on team player- Cross-functional competencies
With Z Launcher, new Nokia has shown that it has many innovations up its sleeve and have freedom to pursue them as well. These three job openings amply hint about certain Nokia plans related to imaging HW, SW and devices with LCD display. It can well be a future connected camera offering based on Android. Do, let us know what you think?