This tutorial deals with the rooting of Nokia X, Nokia X+ and Nokia XL devices, so that useful hacks like “installation of Google apps” can be performed. Once again this may impact your device’s warranty and the device itself, so remember, “fun and risk” both are all yours!! Here is what you need to do.
Check the device’s battery and take a backup:
- Your device should at least be 60% charged
- Take backup of all your data
- Enable USB Debugging from Phone Settings -> Developers Options.
- Also enable installations from “Unknown Sources” from settings
Rooting Nokia X & Nokia XL using Nokia X Manager:
- Open the installed Nokia X Manager
- Connect your device to PC using USB cable
- Install ADB drivers and read how to update drivers, if your PC doesn’t detect your device
- Wait for the Nokia X Manager to show “device connected”
- Now click on “Root Device” option to start the rooting process
- Your device will reboot automatically and once rooting is done, you will be able to see SuperSU icon in the app menu of your devices
Installing Google Apps:
- Download Google apps from above according to the OS versions your device is running
- Now click on “Install GApps” to flash Google Apps on your devices
Once the GApps is flashed successfully disconnect your device from PC and reboot it. Once rebooted you should be able to see Google Play Store and other Google Apps on your device.