In this tutorial, we cover and demo how to fix Android Apps issues/problems on Nokia & other Android smartphones. You may be facing issues like apps crashing with messages “unfortunately your app has stopped”, or “stop/close app”, apps not performing well, launching too slow and more.
Update (March 23): A recent update for Android System WebView app is causing many apps to crash on Android smartphones. You can simply uninstall the latest Android System WebView app update by following our step 4 and the video tutorial below.
Update 2 (March 23): Google has fixed the issue and now if you update Android System WebView and Google Chrome via Play Store it should fix the issue. Read more here.
You can go through following troubleshooting steps and check whether it solves your issue or not. We have also posted a detailed hands-on demo of these troubleshooting steps to make this tutorial more useful.
Time needed: 10 minutes.
How to fix common Android Apps issues/problems
- Go to Settings–> Apps & Notifications–> App info
Go to the app that is causing issues in the list and tap on it. Go to storage and you will see options for Clear Cache and Clear Data. First, tap on Clear Cache and check whether this fixes the issue
- If it didn’t work tap on Clear Data and check whether this fixes the issue
If both Clear Cache and Clear Data didn’t work check where the app is installed on SD Card or on internal storage
- If it was installed on SD card move it to internal storage
This many times fixes the issue
- If still your app issue persists and it has started happening after an app update you can try uninstalling the update
Check the hands-on video provided below for how to do it
- In case the app issue is still not resolved be in touch with the app developer and let him know by going to Google Play Store app listing
If the developer doesn’t fix it uninstall the app and try an alternative app. You can check our Best apps series for some good alternative apps.
These steps should help you in taking care of all sorts of Apps issues on your Android smartphones.
Hands-on video tutorial:
You can read similar Nokia Android Smartphones tips, tutorials and how to articles by clicking here.